August 17, 2021
Sami is an Associate Director based in Singapore. She joined McGregor Boyall in July 2012 to head up our Legal and Compliance Practice in Dubai and is one of the original members of McGregor Boyall Middle East. She moved to Singapore in September 2019.
1. How did you get into recruitment?
A friend from boarding school was a recruiter in London and it sounded interesting.
2. What advice would you give to someone just getting into recruitment?
Pick up the phone.
3. What has been your career highlight to date?
Having the opportunity to be based in NYC, Dubai and Singapore and learning about different markets, industries and people as a result.
4. What has been the biggest career challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?
Losing out on big deals. You just have to be resilient.
5. What do you love about recruitment?
The money. Just being honest!
6. What do you think are the key attributes needed to be successful in recruitment?
Having strong organisational skills, remembering to always follow-up, and relating to your audience on a personal level.
7. What keeps you motivated
8. If you weren’t a Recruiter, what would you be?
9. Which famous person would you most like to have lunch with and why?
Jamie Dimon because he is the CEO of JP Morgan
10. Why McGregor Boyall?
Initially because of Richard Lett, McGregor Boyall’s International Managing Director, and over the years I have enjoyed getting to know and working with all my colleagues in Dubai, UK and Singapore. Most importantly, the support shown by management over the years has been second to none.