August 17, 2021
Kara is a Principal Consultant at McGregor Boyall specialising in HR & Talent Management Recruitment. Kara joined McGregor Boyall in September 2019.
1. How did you get into recruitment?
Wasn’t a conscious decision, I was looking for a new job via a recruitment company in Sydney and they approached me to work for them! And here I am!
2. What advice would you give to someone just getting into recruitment?
It takes time to build up your client and candidates. Make connections everywhere and treat everyone as important at the next, your candidates will become your clients and vice versa. Once you build the relationships over time you will see start to see results.
3. What has been your career highlight to date?
Moving with my business from Sydney to London. Great experience.
4. What has been the biggest career challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?
Returning to work as a Mum and learning to juggle a busy career. My HRD at the time said, “set your boundaries” and it has worked to get a good balance.
5. What do you love about recruitment?
I love making placements. It’s the best feeling knowing you have helped someone in their career. No matter what level in their career it is. It’s so important to them which is a great feeling.
6. What do you think are the key attributes needed to be successful in recruitment?
Build relationships with everyone and don’t take anyone for granted.
7. What keeps you motivated?
8. If you weren’t a Recruiter, what would you be?
9. Which famous person would you most like to have lunch with and why?
Kate Middleton. It intrigues me how she manages everyday mum stuff. Does she go to the infamous 2-hour child’s party and make small talk with the other mums?!
10. Why McGregor Boyall?
I worked with Nina Adair, Practice Head for HR & Talent Management at McGregor Boyall, in the past and trusted and respected her as a Recruiter.